Why should I get a pre-listing inspection?
Pre-Listing Inspection Advantages
A great many home sales are cancelled after a buyer's home inspection due to the buyers shock at the "functional condition" of the home. It may look great, but have serious technical, safety, or functional issues present without your knowledge. Having the home inspected before this happens is the ideal way to identify and either repair or disclose the issues found in the in an inspection
Listing inspections are also an excellent way for you as the homeowner to discover the true condition of your home. As an existing homeowner you may feel you know your home and its systems, but typically home owners are very surprised at what an inspection can reveal.
- Discloses any issues up front that will often times produce a higher net sales price, and eliminate you losing money by having to reduce the selling price by thousands as a result of the findings of the buyer's inspector.
- Allows you as the seller time to make repairs and shop for competitive contractors.
- Removes over-inflated buyer procured repair estimates or guestimates from the negotiation.
- Often precludes the buyer's having a separate inspection since the home has already been inspected.
- Eliminates buyer's remorse that often occurs just after a buyer's inspection. Therefore the deal is less likely to fall apart the way they often do when a buyer's inspection unexpectedly reveals a problem.
- Lightens negotiations and can prevent costly 11th-hour renegotiations that may result in you losing money.
- Provides a third-party, unbiased opinion, that instills confidence in buyers.
- Displaying your report in your home for potential buyers is the ultimate gesture of openness on the part of you the seller.
- Allows your agent to send potential buyers agents the report before they view your home, Therefore buyers already know what to expect and gives you a far better opportunity to sell your home faster since you have already 'pre-qualified' the potential buyers
- Alerts you to any immediate safety issues found, before agents and potential buyers tour the home
FREE Bonus! An unique no extra cost feature from Bluestone Home Inspection
Bluestone Home Inspection offers a unique feature with all its Sellers inspections. If you decide to repair any of the issues found during the inspection, we will return one time, re-inspect those areas and issue an updated report reflecting the changes...at no extra cost to you! Give us a call and Bluestone Home Inspection will inspect your home,
with you, then send you the easy to read and understand full colour
detailed report and customized just for you!
If you feel that you do not need, or want, a complete pre
listing home inspection a seller's consultation is for you! A Home Consultation
is not a home inspection. It is a one hour walk through with you, the seller,
providing you with invaluable information necessary to help identify items and
issues to enable you to prepare for putting your house on the market, and the
resulting buyers home inspection. As the homeowner you may feel you know your
home, but an independent Home Consultation allows you to see your home and any
issues through the eyes of the buyer and the buyers' home inspector. We also provide
the basic steps to getting a home ready for a buyer's inspection, including a
list of things to do to prepare for one. The easier you make the buyers home
inspectors job, the easier the report will be on you and your home.
-No big surprises when a buyer gets an inspection
-No cost upfront (and less than 1/2 the cost of a home inspection!)
-No disclosure issues
-Ability to repair or disclose issues before listing
Features of a Home Consultation include:
mechanical and electrical systems are operational
the roof covering
out safety concerns
items to be further evaluated
repairs and solutions